Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Hien and Hanh Engagement | 9.03.11

A few months back, fellow photographer Hien Ngo sent me a message asking me to photograph the engagement ceremony to his girlfriend at the time, Hanh Nguyen. The beautiful Vietnamese engagement ceremony was held over the Labor Day weekend and I'm so happy for this couple - as they are a perfect fit. Thanks again for asking me to be a part of your special event. I'm truly honored.

As you can see in the photos, a Vietnamese engagement ceremony is quite the event! It could easily pass for a wedding. :)

Hanh getting her hair and make up done at White Orchid Spa & Salon

The gifts being brought from the groom's side

The gifts being received from the bride's side

The "first look"


Hien placing the ring on Hanh's finger

The incense ceremony asking permission from their ancestors to bless them.

Candid moments immediately after the ceremony

Portraits of the newly engaged couple. Hanh - you are such a sweet and vibrant person to be around. You can light up any room with your smile and gorgeous dimples! What I admire so much about you is your kind heart. Hien is one lucky man! Hien - what a talented person you are. I am glad that we have gotten to know each other the past few months. I look forward to seeing the beautiful work that you produce with your creativity and your camera. -- Thuy






Moments with friends


...Thuy Pham Photography

5 comments:

  1. if i added a comment for every time i refresh this page, you would have a pretty long list of comments. thank you so much. the images look fantastic! i love the fact that you captured the moment when Hanh made a face towards me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved that moment! You are so very welcome. Hope you like the ones coming up too.:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. such a beautiful ceremony and gorgeous couple! Love the photos Thuy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Thuy,

    Your pictures are beautiful and the captions you provided are great. Can I get your permission to take the last picture (Hanh and friends) on my facebook? I'm one of Hanh's friends that attended her engagement ceremony.

    Thanks.

    Uyen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Suzie!! They are gorgeous and adorable together.
    Hi Uyen!! Yes of course! Thank you for your comment.

    ReplyDelete